Altar Servers' Guide
PRAYERS TO KNOW
To Parents and Altar Servers
ALTAR SERVER DUTIES
To Parents & Altar Servers
Your help is always needed in the Altar Server Ministry. If all parents would help their own child with positive reinforcement of what they do well on the altar and gentle notations of what they
may have missed or done incorrectly, this would help the priests and sacristans so much! Please save and review these guidelines with your child:
1. ARRIVE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE MASS.
2. Be well groomed: Clean hair (long hair clipped or tied back); clean Sunday-best clothing (the albs are a bit see-thru) and clean, solid color shoes if possible. NO SANDALS. Hands and face washed!
3. Keep your eyes and ears open to the priest at all times.
4. NO “VISITING” or laughing during Mass with the other servers. Help each other out, hut no socializing.
5. Use the bathroom before Mass. Servers may not pass through the doors unless the Priest asks them to.
6. PARTICIPATE in the Mass by saying all the congregations’ responses and prayers. Stand and sit STRAIGHT. Hold hands in a folded and prayerful position at all times!
7. Hang up robes after Mass. Don’t leave any on the floor.
8. Review all schedules given to you and transfer all dates you are scheduled to serve to the Family’s main calendar. Teach responsibility!
9. ALWAYS find a sub if they cannot serve their scheduled Mass.
10. When you attend Mass, ALWAYS check in the Sacristy to see if a server is needed.
11. Above all, instill in each other the awesomeness of the presence of God at Mass, in our hearts and in our lives.